Are You Prepared?
The devastating flooding from the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey in the USA is a timely reminder for all of us in Australia that before we know it storm season will be upon us.
Some simple little reminders
- Check your insurances and ensure you are adequately insured;
- Use Apps to catalogue your belongings;
- Keep the really important documents in one safe place and take photos of them just in case.
- Save your precious photos electronically to applications such as iCloud or Dropbox;
- If you’re in an area which does flood have back up plans of where to go if you cannot reach home and plenty of supplies in case you cannot get out;
- Clean up your balconies and yards;
- If you’re on a Strata Committee or you’re a Building Manager take a look around and see what proactive measures you can take to protect the building and its residents;
- Remember to stay clear of flood waters;
- Place your torches somewhere easy to find.